Safer Internet Day 2018 in UAE
Safe Internet Day 2018 ENG
Safe Internet Day 2018 ARABIC
Safer Internet Day 2018
Tuesday 6th February
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally in February each year in over a hundred countries to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people and inspire a national conversation.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
As a part of this initiative, we are pleased to announce a challenge for school students: Students are required to “Create” a presentation for parents, video record the presentation and post on YouTube.
The title for the presentation is “Make Your Parents Safe Techie“.
Objective of this challenge is to ignite the skill of research and critical thinking in children. As the child deeply researches digital safety domain, they will understand the importance of digital safety themselves.
The challenge also facilitates more family time, integration with parents and hence increases the self-esteem of the children. This will also enhance the presentation and project management skills of students.
- The competition is open for all UAE school students of all nationalities (age 13 and above).
- Research and create a Cyber Security Awareness presentation for your Parents / Adult family members, about at least one online threat and solution for their day to day internet usage.
- Introduce at least one great online skills to your Parents/Adult family members, to exhibit how technology can be their best tool for solving day to day professional or personal challenges.
- The idea presented should reflect all the three themes of the safer internet day:
- CREATE, CONNECT and SHARE RESPECT.
- Create: Create the presentation to educate /inspire parents.
- Connect: Collaborate with internet peers globally for getting ideas and improving research skills, social entrepreneur ship and volunteerism.
- Share Respect: By incorporating national patriotic agenda. The year 2018 being marked as the “Year of Zayed”, Sheikh Zayed‘s vision of UAE being a land of tolerance, progress and unity. Take this opportunity to come up with ideas on how you can contribute to the vision of the great leaders UAE.
- All presentations must have minimum 6 and maximum 10 slides.
- Video must be recorded in Landscape mode
- The participants are required to record and submit us the video of their presentation- presenting the concepts to the audience (parents/adult family members) and the testimonials from the audience. The video duration should not exceed 7 min (5 Min for presentation and 2 Min for QA).
- The videos will be evaluated by the Esafe team and will be published in Esafe facebook page. The published videos can then be shared online by the participants to hit maximum likes and shares for their video.
- The videos should be submitted on or before 25th of February 2018, 8.00 pm
- Judgment Criteria : The entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Content and Creativity
- Clarity of presentation
- Count of the shares, likes and comments in social media.